Thursday 9 February 2012


On the eve of the new year, I went to church with some friends to thank God for the past year 2011 and ask that God will be with us in the new year; 2012 so we could prosper and be great despite some tough times we experienced in the past year. I took time particularly to pray for our dear country, Nigeria, her leaders, for providence, Jobs, peace, security and more and I felt certain that the Lord answered my prayers. Too tired to celebrate the New Year due to the vigil I attended, I slept through the 1st of January in peace only to be awakened by the puzzling news on the removal of petroleum subsidy by the government – TERRIBLE. You guessed right if you say I immediately went into a state of great bewilderment. I wondered why the leaders of this country and many men in various seats of power have left nothing undone to ensure they cripple our intellect, darken our minds, debase our moral nature, kill all traces of good relationships that exist between common citizens and now pose before us the most frightful bondage I prayed we never experience: Hardship in their real forms (Hunger, poverty, breakdown of societies laws and order). I was upset and began to think that God did not answer my prayers for 2012 but you know something friends, God speaks and all he said to me was “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and Lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways, acknowledge him and he shall direct your path” That was light from God’s word. The word of one who will never fail even when we fail, who never forsakes even when we err. His words are life for all who will obey the command “Trust in the Lord” ‘Hmmmmmmm’ was all I could say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment